We are moving into the next phase of the ACE Classification Study – Employee Interviews.
During the weeks of May 15 and May 22, the consultants will be meeting with all employees who elected an interview on their PDQ. The interviews will take place on both Foothill and De Anza campuses primarily between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Individual interviews are 30 minutes long and group interviews are 45 minutes.
You will receive an Outlook invite from ACE with your designated interview time and location. This will take a little time, so please be patient. It is important to note:
- With over 200 interviews to conduct, the schedule is intense. Please be flexible and work with your supervisor and co-workers to accommodate each other. If you have an existing obligation during your scheduled time, ask yourself first “What is the worst that will happen if I reschedule this obligation? Can someone else cover for me?” If you have tried all of the above (and I will ask you) or unforeseen circumstances arise, the interview can be rescheduled either in person or via phone at a later date. However, this is the exception and not the rule.
- If you did not fill out a PDQ but were hoping to be interviewed, please send me an email and I will work with the consultants to see how we may accommodate you. Again, flexibility on your part is essential.
- Review your PDQ prior to meeting with the consultant. Their goal during these interviews will be to clarify information in the PDQ and to obtain supplemental information such as items that were not added/covered in the PDQ and/or any discrepancies between what you and your supervisor wrote down.
- Stay focused on your job duties. This is not about workload or how your supervisor acts or how other positions are classified. It is about the type of work that you perform in your job.
As a reminder, if you have any questions, please contact:
- Chris White, ACE President; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Myisha Washington, Manager, Compensation, Classification and Employment; email@example.com
- Information for the study can be found on the district human resources website: http://hr.fhda.edu/class-comp/e-ACE%20Classification%20Study%202017.html
Thank you all for your support and patience throughout this process.