Foothill-De Anza Association of Classified Employees (ACE)
ACE is a locally governed, independent association, incorporated in 2009 by classified professional staff in the Foothill-De Anza (FHDA) Community College District to represent themselves pursuant to the California Public Employees Relations Act of 1976. ACE and the District Board of Trustees collectively bargain decisions on salary, hours of work, hiring practices, classification, and other terms and conditions of employment at Foothill and De Anza colleges.
ACE Executive Board – Agendas/Minutes
June 2021: Reclassification process underway.
- Follow-up interviews being conducted by consultants.
- FINAL DUE DATE:
- If we anticipate budget cuts by July 1, 2022, all requests shall be received by the District Office of Human Resources by August 31, 2021.
- In the event budget cuts are delayed until July 1, 2023, the completed reclassification requests shall be received by the District Office of Human Resources by August 31, 2022.
- We have an agreement with the district that NO ONE will go down, in pay, as a result of the consultant’s findings.
- Classifications are generalized and not every word from the PDQs will be on the final classification description.
- The goals for this project are to align job descriptions with the current roles and responsibilities of classified employees, create career ladders where appropriate, and conduct a market analysis of compensation in similar or like jobs in other districts.