ACE and Classified Senate
The staff of Foothill-De Anza are fortunate to have union and senate leaders who recognize the benefits of working together to improve staff welfare. The groups work in a complementary fashion, often serving on the same committees but performing different functions. The unions are the exclusive agents for their members in all negotiable matters, including contract negotiations over salary, benefits, and working conditions. The senate supports staff by working on issues of staff professionalism.
Delineation of Duties
||All classified staff whose positions fall under ACE.
||All classified staff.
||0.095 of base monthly salary.
||Dues paying members only.
||All classified staff.
||Voluntary. Only members may vote on changes to the ACE Agreement, vote and/or run for ACE office and represent ACE on committees.
||ACE is the exclusive bargaining agent for unit members.
||The Classified Senate is a professional organization that supports, facilitates, implements and promotes awareness of the shared governance policy.
||To focus on collective bargaining issues such as wages and benefits and issues pertaining to working conditions.
- Wages, including salary schedule and placement, service recognition awards, professional growth awards, promotions, seniority, layoff and re-employment rights, initial classification and reclassification.
- Hours of employment, including pre-retirement reductions.
- Health and welfare benefits, including holidays and vacations.
- Leaves, transfer and reassignment policies, including sick leaves, bereavement leaves, military leaves, industrial accident leaves, personal necessity leaves, and unpaid leaves of absence.
- Safety conditions of employment, including district-initiated disability leaves.
- Procedures to be used for the evaluation of employees.
- Procedures for processing grievances and disciplinary actions.
- Selecting from its membership representatives to serve on governance and district/college committees specific to bargaining issues.
- Provide a means of communication between classified staff and the college community regarding contractual issues.
|To focus on issues related to the shared governance policy and to ensure equal representation on campus committees, projects and issues.
- The voice of classified staff with regards to shared governance, including work on college accreditation.
- Select from its membership representatives to serve on governance bodies, district and college committees.
- Development and implementation of classified staff professional development.
- Provide a means of communication between classified staff and the college community on shared governance issues.