It is true. There are only six working days left until your completed position description questionnaire (PDQ) is due. Since we’ve only received 10 completed PDQs – with over 400 ACE members – let’s all try not to wait until the last minute to get them in. Mine will be turned in by this Friday.
In case you missed it, your PDQ is due by 5 p.m. next Friday, Feb. 24. This is a FIRM deadline.
Drop-in assistance available tomorrow, Wed., Feb. 15.
- Foothill: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Altos Room
- De Anza: Noon – 3 p.m. – Staff Development Office, MLC246
- I need more space than the form allows, what should I do? Create a word document for your answers which do not fit on the form. Be certain to clearly document which question you are responding too. Don’t forget to add your name, title, and supervisor on the document. Include the attachment when you submit your PDQ.
- What if colleagues on the opposite campus holding the same title don’t fill out the PDQ, who will my position be compared too?
- First, if a classification which a supervisor has responsibility has not been completed by one of their employees, they will do it. They have a vested interest to make sure the duties that they believe are being performed within the classification are accounted for in this study. Their version might not match yours – the person doing the work – so I hope people take this opportunity to be heard.
- Second, ACE has yet to negotiate with the district who the comparator agencies will be for this study. It’s a safe bet that decision will be based on a recommendation from the consultants. We hired them for their expertise.
- Third, as another reminder, this is about the position NOT the person. Each college may have defined the work differently, but currently, it falls under the same classification. The consultants have been hired to help us determine if this is appropriate and how best to move forward.
- When the form asks for others who report to the same supervisor, do they mean classified only or faculty too? For purposes of this study, we’re referring to classified only.
- What do I do with my completed PDQ? Return it to:
- Your supervisor and/or administrator who signs your time sheet; AND
- Myisha Washington, Manager, Compensation, Classification and Employment, email@example.com.
- Keep a copy for your records.
Questions, comments, concerns? Don’t hesitate to contact me.