The negotiating team has come to tentative agreement with the District on the following:
- Article 9 – Holidays: Effective June 19, 2022, we will have 18 annual holidays that includes Juneteenth.
- Article 23 – Duration: Our contract will roll over and stay in effect until October 31, 2024, with the normal annual article reopener options.
There will also be an update on salary negotiations.
We will be having a general membership meeting next Tuesday, Dec. 14 at noon via Zoom. This meeting is open to ACE members only.
Voting to ratify the tentative agreements will open immediately following the meeting. Please take the time to vote.
Cathy Monsell, Chair of Negotiations
Andrea Santa Cruz
I am pleased to announce we have reached an agreement with the District on our classification and compensation study. A pdf was emailed to members which include:
- An FAQ regarding the tentative agreement.
- The MOU for the agreement includes classifications and their corresponding salary level.
- A general FAQ regarding the classification/compensation study and how decisions were made.
As we have said all along, this does not go into effect UNTIL the membership votes on it, and if it is passed by the membership, then approved by the Foothill-De Anza Board of Trustees.
A general membership meeting will be held next Tuesday, March 9 at noon. A calendar invite will be sent to you shortly. After the meeting, we will open online voting to approve or reject the study.
A reminder, ONLY ACE members may attend general membership meetings. If you’re receiving this email, you’re a member. If a colleague says they didn’t get the email, please have them contact our president, Chris White.
We would like to thank you for your patience and support during this long process. It was challenging but we all believe we are better off for it.
Cathleen Monsell, Chair of Negotiations
Andrea Santa Cruz
Chris White, ACE president
Anthony Booth, attorney for ACE
Bradley Booth, attorney for ACE