April 28, 2016 - 12:15 PM / 01:15 PM
De Anza ADMIN 109
We have reached a tentative agreement with the District we believe is very beneficial to you, our members.
In a nutshell:
- 3% COLA, retroactive to July 1, 2015.
- 1% increase to step 7 on the salary schedule, retroactive to July 1, 2015.
- .60% COLA beginning July 1, 2016.
- No increase to employee health care contribution rates for the 2017 plan year.
- One-time funding, by the District, of $800,000 to the post-97 retiree VEBA fund.
- Article 10, Leaves, changes to language relating to sick leave due to new laws and clarification on jury duty and court appearances.
- Article 11, Layoffs, language changes regarding reemployment rights.
- Article 13, Hours and Overtime, language confirming that a work schedule other than 4-10’s during the summer work schedule is an option for employees.
Attend a general membership meeting next week for complete details and to get your questions answered. Lunch will be served.
Wednesday, April 27 Noon – 1 p.m. Toyon Room (rm 2020), FH
Thursday, April 28 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. DA Admin 109, DA
Online voting to ratify these changes will open on Monday, May 2 at 8 a.m. and run through Thursday, May 5 at noon. A separate email, with instructions on how to vote will be sent to you on Monday, May 2. There will be no in-person voting.
This looks great, when will I see the money?
The retroactive COLA and the step increase (if applicable) will show up in your June 30th paycheck.
We look forward to seeing you next week at one of our general membership meetings.
With much appreciation from your negotiations team,
Chris Dubeau, Chair