October 6, 2015 - 12:00 PM
DA ADMIN 109
The proposed changes to the ACE Agreement can have a significant impact on your earnings ability, like the placement process for workers affected by layoff or how classification and reclassification are determined, and we look to you for feedback. Our goals with these proposed changes are to give our members more opportunity for growth in their careers and to get the district to invest in it’s current classified professionals. Perhaps the change with the biggest impact is the MOU (memorandum of understanding) establishing a Joint Labor/Management Classification Committee (JLMCC) to determine the need, requirements, purpose and process for a comprehensive classification study.
Learn more at this general membership meeting. Lunch will be provided.
- Article 7 (Employment Practices) as they relate to transfers, reorganizations, performance evaluations and classified hourly positions.
- Article 11 (Layoff) as it relates to notification of layoff(s) and establishing an internal placement process to help facilitate the placement of ACE members whose positions have been identified to be eliminated.
- Article 12 (Grievance Procedure) as it relates to filing a grievance that involves an immediate supervisor.
- Article 15 (Classification and Reclassification) as they relate to the classification/reclassification process.
- Article 23 (Length of Contract) establishing that this ACE agreement will continue in effect through October 31, 2017.
For complete details on the proposed changes, see: https://acefhda.org/general-membership-meeting-da-106-fh-107-proposed-ace-agreement-changes/
An online ratification vote is scheduled for ACE Full Dues Paying Members ONLY beginning at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 6 through Friday, Oct. 9 at 5 p.m. A separate email with your unique voting credentials will be emailed to you next week.