Good Afternoon ACE Members,
Voting for ACE officer positions is now open.
All eligible members should have recently received an email from email@example.com titled “ACE Vote for Candidates.”
Keep an eye out for this email, which contains complete details on how to vote with your unique login information.
***If you tried to vote for Central Services Vice President and received an error please try again. We have corrected the problem and you can now cast your vote*****
Voting closes at 1 p.m. this Thursday, Nov.16.
- Launched a classification study to better align job descriptions with the current roles and responsibilities of classified employees, develop career ladders where appropriate, and conduct a market analysis of compensation in similar or like jobs in other districts. As we move into more challenging budget times this work will prove critical if reductions need to be made.
- Worked with our negotiations team to strengthen our Agreement with new opportunities for classified members to transfer or work out of class before positions are opened to external candidates, increased adjustments on the salary scale and reduced the time to advance between step 6 and step 7, added a paid holiday and increased funding for benefits just to name a few.
- Increased member communication through a monthly newsletter, added a review of topics as they relate to our Agreement at monthly site meetings, and partnered with the Professional Development Office at De Anza to provide training around Professional Growth Awards (PGAs), educational assistance, staff development leave, and travel and conference funding to help our members better take advantage of these negotiated benefits.
- Instituted training for stewards, negotiators and board members – ongoing and as-needed – to ensure they have the skills, knowledge and resources to make them effective advocates for our members and the organization.
- Complete the classification study, which still includes a compensation study and addressing the affect on seniority, reclassification, and career growth.
- Address district and college budget reduction plans, including the use of temporary and student employees, as they relate to ACE and our members.
- Mentor new ACE leadership to take the reigns when current officers retire or move on to new opportunities so as an organization we maintain our greatest strength, our independence.
Candidate for De Anza Board Member: Keri Kirkpatric
Candidate for Central Services Vice-President: William Baldwin